Advice for budget build

bokeron

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Hi guys!!!

Hope you can help me - I'm trying to build my first pc, that will be used for software like SketchUp, Inkscape and some 2D editing in CAD. Considering I'm on a student's tight budget, my list of components is:

Intel Pentium G3258
Gygabite Z97P-D3
Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb, 1600 Mhz
Seagate Barracuda 750gb 7200 rpm
EVGA 430W Power Supply
DIYPC M89-R Micro ATX
Samsung S22D300DY Monitor

The idea is starting with this spec and adding a 750ti graphics card in a couple of months. Considering the pc will be used mainly for single-threaded applications, what do you guys think? Any advice?

Thank you!

bokeron

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

Thanks for your response - would that system perform better for the sort of applications I'm considering, or there's a different reason for you to recommend that alternative?

Also, just double checking, the motherboard you include is DDR3? If so, am I right assuming the memory included in the list would not work?

Thank you!

I recommend this because it allows good room for future expansion such as a new graphics card CPU or more RAM.
in addition it offers close to 60% more processing power than the rig you suggested. if you have an extra hundred dollars to spend buy an I5 6500 and don't change anything else and you have a solid casual gaming rig. The improved CPU will also great;y buff your rendering for models and textures.

And the MOBO is a DDR4 based board so the ram will work.

also i would like to point out the Pentium anniversary does not have on-board graphics so you would be unable to do anything with your config.