Multiple Monitor Nightmare - 4K Not Working Anymore? - PC Ignores Monitors?

JakeJake

Honorable
Apr 13, 2014
So I've got a setup where I switch between my set of 2 monitors for working, and my 4K TV for gaming. I've got my GTX 1060 which has been working fine and handling this up until now. I had my HDMI cable connected to the tv, running at 4K 60fps no problem, all good. Then I take out the HDMI cable (while it's off and all safe etc.) and plug in my other two monitors for working (HDMI to DVI, and HDMI) which are 1080p each.

I've been switching back and forth between them and everything's been fine, but now (for some random reason) when I turn on my 4K TV my display is just half a screen (imagine a vertical line down the centre of your display, and the entire left side stretched over the whole screen) with the colors absolutely gone crazy. It seems that turning it down from 60fps to 30fps puts everything back to normal... but I want my 60fps back! Why is this happening?

And another issue; sometimes when using my 2 1080p montior setup, the PC just ignores the second (DVI) monitor and only uses the first one, despite both monitors being plugged in and powered on before I turn on my PC. Any ideas as to why?

JakeJake

Honorable
Apr 13, 2014
Okay, the issue has managed to be resolved. It seems if I leave the DVI to DVI monitor plugged in and only swap the HDMI cables (between the monitor and the TV) it doesn't screw up anymore. I set the TV to use just the one display and when I plug the monitor back in it goes back to the dual-display like it should.
No idea why this affected the ability to run in 4K on the TV but... there you go!

However, the other issue still persists. Any ideas?