Windows 10 cannot reset 80070002 error

Talon TSI

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014
Whenever i try to reset windows 10 it says failed to reset... If i go into advanced recovery it says cannot reset and gives me error 80070002 :(

Solution
what kind of reset? If you were keeping files and settings, you might be best saving all your files onto a USB stick or 2nd hdd if you have one.

If you were resetting it and wiping it all, I think there is something wrong with your image as that would be only reason it would stop. As such, the easiest answer is a fresh install instead.

Download this and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB or DVD: win 10 media creation tool - as there is a new version of Windows 10 coming out next week, you could hold off doing this until after its out so you upgrade to latest version right away.

There is a way to fix the image but its not always successful and a fresh install doesn't waste your time.

follow this guide if you not sure what...

Colif

Win 11 Master
what kind of reset? If you were keeping files and settings, you might be best saving all your files onto a USB stick or 2nd hdd if you have one.

If you were resetting it and wiping it all, I think there is something wrong with your image as that would be only reason it would stop. As such, the easiest answer is a fresh install instead.

Download this and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB or DVD: win 10 media creation tool - as there is a new version of Windows 10 coming out next week, you could hold off doing this until after its out so you upgrade to latest version right away.

There is a way to fix the image but its not always successful and a fresh install doesn't waste your time.

follow this guide if you not sure what to do: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Solution