Computer restarts after I click shutdown in menu tab

Kokai

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
As stated in the title, sometimes my computer restarts instead of shutting down when I click shutdown in the menu tab, forcing me to manually shut it down using the button. This problem is not consistent however, usually it goes away for a few days after force shutting it down then re-appears randomly. Any suggestions as to what might be causing it and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Solution
Could be this:

Windows control panel: Settings > System > "Power & sleep" > "Additional power settings" under "Related settings" > "Choose what the power buttons do" > "Change settings that are currently unavailable" > uncheck "Turn on fast startup (recommended)". on shutdown there was an application which was slower and closed at last, this triggered the "awake" on sleep mode again, resulting in a "reboot" or wake-up.

With this setting the slower application doesn't wake up the pc again. Another solution is to remove the application that causes this.

Source: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/windows-10-wont-shut-down-restarts-instead/d00ac529-4fe9-46f1-b124-a67fcee3f70c?page=4

Possibly fast...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Could be this:

Windows control panel: Settings > System > "Power & sleep" > "Additional power settings" under "Related settings" > "Choose what the power buttons do" > "Change settings that are currently unavailable" > uncheck "Turn on fast startup (recommended)". on shutdown there was an application which was slower and closed at last, this triggered the "awake" on sleep mode again, resulting in a "reboot" or wake-up.

With this setting the slower application doesn't wake up the pc again. Another solution is to remove the application that causes this.

Source: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/windows-10-wont-shut-down-restarts-instead/d00ac529-4fe9-46f1-b124-a67fcee3f70c?page=4

Possibly fast startup related / slow application to close as the system calls for it to shut down in a given time causing the system to reboot. Like the last screaming child to go to bed wakes up everyone.

Solution