Second monitor on Windows 7 randomly goes into sleep mode - restart required to wake it up.

sqorpius

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I just bought a new pc over the weekend(an ASUS) along with a new monitor. The new monitor works perfectly with no issue, however my other monitor (which worked fine on my old pc) will randomly go to sleep. I'm using a VGA cable connected to the onboard graphics card and have already made a custom power savings plan which has both monitors set to never go to sleep or power off. I even removed my matrix screensaver in the hopes of solving the problem, but to no avail. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. System specs will be provided upon request.

sqorpius

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
After process of elimination, I've come to the conclusion that my issue stems from a Windows 7 update. My last computer also had Windows 7 and I never updated it and never had this issue. Upon reformatting my current computer in an attempt to fix the issue, I learned that updating Windows is part of the installation process, and the issue resumed as soon as the re-installation was completed. Does anyone know which update(s) for Windows 7 might affect the behavior of monitors?