Can't acces BIOS anymore

MartN-

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
So, today my PC has crashed after I ran Asus' "EZ Tuning Wizard"
I also turned Intel Rapid Storage. It restarted and I got the INACCESSIBLE _BOOT_DEVICE error. I think this might be caused by the Intel Rapid Storage, not sure though. I looked up some possible fixes for this but then I've discovered that my keyboard didn't work when I got into the Start-Up Settings screen so I could boot into save mode. After this I tried clearing CMOS so that my BIOS settings would reset to default, but when the PC booted and showed the American Megatrends screen telling me to press F1 to obtain BIOS settings my keyboard did not do anything even though it seems to be getting power so I'm now basically stuck at this screen and I can't get past it. Before this same keyboard worked flawlessly even in BIOS. I don't know what happened and how to fix this so any help is very appreciated.

BTW I have an Asus X99-S which does not have a PS/2 port so yeah, didn't think that one through.

I'm going to list my specs if it's needed

CPU: i7-5820K
MB: Asus X99-S
RAM: Adata Z1 2133MHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW

Solution
it shouldn't make any difference but are either keyboards plugged into the USB 2 slots? might only want one attached anyway while you try the keys

Did you update bios before any of this? I am just curious if flashing bios would at least get you into it: http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

Do you have RAID as that is what the bios is looking for, that is what Intel Rapid Storage is for. Its probably looking for the instructions to boot a raid array

MartN-

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I can't get there anymore, every time I power my PC on I'm stuck at this screen and I can't do anything because my keyboard is not working.
TaPg5Ch.jpg

MartN-

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Ok, I think I wrote my original post a bit hectically because I'm really stressing out so I'm going to simplify it:

1. Booted into BIOS using Asus' own Windows app
2. Turned on Intel Rapid Storage
3. Ran EZ Tuning Wizard
4. Got the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error
5. Tried booting into Safe mode, keyboard doesn't work
6. Cleared CMOS using the onboard button on the motherboard
7. Got to where I am now (American Megatrends screen)

Colif

Win 11 Master
it shouldn't make any difference but are either keyboards plugged into the USB 2 slots? might only want one attached anyway while you try the keys

Did you update bios before any of this? I am just curious if flashing bios would at least get you into it: http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

Do you have RAID as that is what the bios is looking for, that is what Intel Rapid Storage is for. Its probably looking for the instructions to boot a raid array

Solution

What do you mean by turned on RST? Do you mean you changed the drive from AHCI to RAID? if so, that's definitely why you had the inaccessible boot device!

MartN-

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Yeah so I fucked up on IRS (don't judge me please), I thought that was the problem. And yes I have updated BIOS, I'll try flashing the original one back on. IRT is not really the problem here anymore after the CMOS cleaning, I just want to get my keyboard to work.

Also I have only one keyboard connected, I don't know why it's detecting two. I have the power cable, my keyboard and my monitor and the front USB ports connected.