Qhd VA Monitor??

Solution
80 PPI is still very high.

It comes down to your visual acuity and viewing distance. 2-3 feet away and you shouldn't have any problems. I don't know where people get this from, but on my 32" 1920x1080, I don't see the pixel structure (people say pixels which is wrong) even from 2 feet away, and my vision is waaay above average,.

With that said, a higher resolution on a 27" is considered to be the sweet spot, because from a typical viewing distance which is 3 feet, you have more screen real estate, and you have more information in the signal. You get 100 PPI.

Unfortunately people confuse less detail for being able to see the pixel structure, I really have no idea where they get that from, I have yet to see proof of their ridiculous...

Geekwad

Admirable
For gaming, adaptive sync (Gsync or FreeSync) is typically the most important consideration for the best performance.

For single-monitor gaming, TN's (and there is quite a difference between good TN and bad TN) are fast, decent quality, and affordable. Multi-monitor setups or dual use (where color reproduction with editing is important), IPS is nice. That said, splitting the difference with a VA sounds like a good idea, but it probably forces you to use Vsync. Again for gamers though, adaptive sync is way way more important.

Truly makes a huge difference (and will help stave off the itch to upgrade when you don't notice frame-rate dips or stutter as your GPU ages nearly as much).

spykar_911

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2012
Thank you for replying.i wish i could buy gsync monitor but they might be out of my budget.i live in india,the prices are quite high here.right now i have 900p 20 inch samsung monitor.i am planning to upgrade my gpu to gtx 1070.should i buy 24 inch 1080p monitor or 1440p 27 inch monitor.again thanks for replying.one thing,i prefer eyecandy over fps

80 PPI is still very high.

It comes down to your visual acuity and viewing distance. 2-3 feet away and you shouldn't have any problems. I don't know where people get this from, but on my 32" 1920x1080, I don't see the pixel structure (people say pixels which is wrong) even from 2 feet away, and my vision is waaay above average,.

With that said, a higher resolution on a 27" is considered to be the sweet spot, because from a typical viewing distance which is 3 feet, you have more screen real estate, and you have more information in the signal. You get 100 PPI.

Unfortunately people confuse less detail for being able to see the pixel structure, I really have no idea where they get that from, I have yet to see proof of their ridiculous claims.

Besides, there's more to picture quality than PPI. For instance, a 1080 VA would beat a 1440 TN and IPS in picture quality, regardless if they are sent more information in the signal, and have a higher PPI.

For some reason people directly translate PPI to sharpness, which is inaccurate to the point they shouldn't be allowed to share their opinion, because it only helps the manufacturers, not consumers.

All the best!

Solution