will my win 10 OS on my MSI H61 run in a MSI Z77a Motherboard?

ermol70

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
good day guys, i have a MSI H61m-P31/W8 motherboard running on a win 10 OS, and my question is can my win 10 OS in my msi h61m-p31/w8 motherboard run in a MSI Z77a-G45 thunderbolt motherboard?
pls help coz im changing my motherboard and i dont want to have a clean install in my OS too much precious files,apps and games in my HDD that i dont want to loose.

Solution
IT WORKED!
just want to update this thread coz after changing my MSI H61m-P31/W8 with a MSI Z77a-45 thunderbolt my windows 10 OS worked flawlessly on the z77chipset board. wow i thought i would do a fresh install again..but when i booted my syatem it just said preparing your system for new configuration and all was well...:)
maybe in the future this thread will help others..:)

Colif

Win 11 Master
90% of time you swap motherboards the first boot won't work real well. Its generally wise to reinstall windows after swapping motherboards as most times the drivers will be way different. YOu can try it but I would make backups of everything you don't want to lose.

I would wait a few days until new version of windows 10 is out as they are changing how it activates and right now there is a good chance the copy of win 10 you have installed wouldn't activate on new motherboard unless you have a retail copy.

ermol70

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015

oh ok so ill wait then coz i think there i an update this august 2 of win 10 right sir colif?

ermol70

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
IT WORKED!
just want to update this thread coz after changing my MSI H61m-P31/W8 with a MSI Z77a-45 thunderbolt my windows 10 OS worked flawlessly on the z77chipset board. wow i thought i would do a fresh install again..but when i booted my syatem it just said preparing your system for new configuration and all was well...:)
maybe in the future this thread will help others..:)

Solution