I clicked the wrong drive to install windows 10 , how do I fix this

gxtro2001

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
I accidently clicked the wrong drive for windows 10 upgrade , I have the original HD and an SSD . when the update asked what drive I clicked the HD rather than the SSD, how to fi fix this ? I'm a noob , But I assume all I would need to do is change what drive I want it to goto but I don't know where to do that at .

error code 80070002-20009

And thank you in advance .

Solution

"when" drive?

Try booting to the installation disk and hit Shift-F10. See if you get the command line. That is how it works in Win7, anyhow. Then use Diskpart to 'clean' the SSD. (Once in diskpart, you type list disk, then select disk # depending on which is the SSD. Then type clean.) Exit back to the main screen and try again.
I don't have Win10, so I'm not sure if the installation pgms are similar or not.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

"when" drive?

Try booting to the installation disk and hit Shift-F10. See if you get the command line. That is how it works in Win7, anyhow. Then use Diskpart to 'clean' the SSD. (Once in diskpart, you type list disk, then select disk # depending on which is the SSD. Then type clean.) Exit back to the main screen and try again.
I don't have Win10, so I'm not sure if the installation pgms are similar or not.

Solution

Cole_9

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
You could use 1 of two methods.
1. Fresh reinstall
2. Use a cloning utility. I personally have never had much luck with these, but your story might be different. I have heard cloneZila is pretty good.