Opinions on which OS to get?

Justin21

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
I am almost done with the final touches of my first PC build, but I am still undecided on which OS to get. The PC is for recording consoles, video editing, and some light gaming on the PC.

I upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop and the setup seemed alright, but it made me laptop incredibly slow, so I had to downgrade almost immediately.
On a new PC will it harm the performance?
I'm really not too picky on any os I just don't want one to slow my computer, and I also want anything new I get to be compatible, so I'm not sure if I should get 7/8/10, and which version.

Any input is appreciated, thank you!

Solution
With windows 10 you get Direct X 12, so for gaming that alone makes it the most logical choice.

With having windows 10 on GPT disk and UEFI bios you should not see the slowdown you experienced from the original upgrade.

One thing that may be causing the slow down was if you did not have a lot of disk space then the upgrade would have saved the old version of the OS and thus used up another 20-60GB of space. Too full of a drive will certainly reduce performance.
With windows 10 you get Direct X 12, so for gaming that alone makes it the most logical choice.

With having windows 10 on GPT disk and UEFI bios you should not see the slowdown you experienced from the original upgrade.

One thing that may be causing the slow down was if you did not have a lot of disk space then the upgrade would have saved the old version of the OS and thus used up another 20-60GB of space. Too full of a drive will certainly reduce performance.

Solution