DVI/HDMI Adapter does not give same picture on TV as on PC display

diemnguyen4501

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
I bought an "Insten 3 ft HDMI CABLE HDMI Female to DVI Male and DVI Male to HDMI Female Adapter Converter" through WalMart.
The purpose is to connect my old desktop to my Plasma 42 in. TV through DVI port because the PC does not have a HDMI port.
I connect the VGA port to my old 17 in. display and the DVI/HDMI to TV HDMI port.
The results:
- I can get the PC on TV but the pictures are different in display and TV.
They are not in synch.
- The internet I got on TV is very small in size, about 7 in. by 6in., not full screen.
My questions:
1- How can get the pictures on TV and on the desktop display in synch?
2- How can I get the picture of the internet in full screen on the TV (connected to PC through DVI/HDMI adapter)?
Thank you. Diem

Solution
Thanks to Kanewolf's suggestion, I've found the solution:
- Control Panel ==> Appearance and Personalization ==> Adjust screen solution
- Click on drop down of "Multiple Display"; Select "Duplicate these displays" then "Apply", "Keep Changes". Now display and TV have exact same picture.
Nice thing about DVI-HDMI adapter is that it costs on $7.00 including shipping and tax.
VGA-HDMI adapter or USB 2.0-HDMI costs close to $60.00.
Thank you again, Kanewolf.

diemnguyen4501

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Thanks to Kanewolf's suggestion, I've found the solution:
- Control Panel ==> Appearance and Personalization ==> Adjust screen solution
- Click on drop down of "Multiple Display"; Select "Duplicate these displays" then "Apply", "Keep Changes". Now display and TV have exact same picture.
Nice thing about DVI-HDMI adapter is that it costs on $7.00 including shipping and tax.
VGA-HDMI adapter or USB 2.0-HDMI costs close to $60.00.
Thank you again, Kanewolf.

Solution