FX-8320 OC'd, safe temperatures?

nguyendennus

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
I recently got into Overwatch, and wanted to run the game in 144Hz @ 1080p, but wasn't able to at stocks clocks (3.5GHz) on my CPU (frames jumped from 90-120).

So I decided to try my hand at OC'ing and bumped up the voltage and multiplier by following a few guides on the internet. I also upgraded my CPU cooler and added a liquid cooling AIO unit to my GPU using an NZXT mounting bracket.

Now, I can play Overwatch at a steady 150fps with the in-game fps-limiter set to 144fps (ranges from 150-220 uncapped). There are no frame-dips and I don't believe I'm experiencing any thermal throttling. However, I'm worried about the temperatures I'm seeing while under load.

Specs:

FX-8320 OC'd to 4.5 GHz (cooled with an H100i GTX)
M5A99FX PRO R2.0
8GB 2133 MHz ram
Gigabyte r9 280x (cooled with a thermaltake water performer 2.0 using NZXT G10 bracket)
Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze

http://imgur.com/gallery/YaQao
*AMBIENT TEMPERATURE 30C*

Above is a link to my idle/load temps and air-flow setup.

I've tried re-seating the waterblocks on both the CPU and the GPU, using higher-grade thermal paste (arctic silver 5), adding another intake fan (removing ODD), and even putting the stock AMD heatsink fan onto the VRM heatsink to cool down it down (no temperature difference as measured by software).

Are these safe/normal operating temperatures? I'm worried since they seem quite high for the amount of airflow I have going through the case, not to mention both the CPU and GPU being water-cooled (both pumps running at 100% via molex adapter).