Msconfig boot help

Letty_

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
It started by that I logged into my Microsoft account and seen that I had apps missing from the shortcut row and a missing background image. I tried opening windows explorer and it came up with an error saying "The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the Username and Password."
I then went into my system by opening the msconfig and then boot options then selecting active directory repair. 
It would seem to be a configuration issue in the boot loader.
Then I did a restart a few times after I could not log in and I spoke to Microsoft support and I could only do a system restore. Please help?

Solution
It sounds like your user files are corrupted. It is talking about your user, not the boot loader.

On another PC, download this and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB or DVD: Win 10 media creation tool - its a nice boot disc, if nothing else.

Now i think easiest fix is a reset. If there is anything on PC you want to save, try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/ or move hdd into another PC and copy files off it.

change boot order in PC to either USB or DVD first, HDD second
boot from installer, on screen after language choices, choose repair this PC, not install
choose reset this PC
two choices here but since your user is corrupt, really only...

Colif

Win 11 Master
It sounds like your user files are corrupted. It is talking about your user, not the boot loader.

On another PC, download this and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB or DVD: Win 10 media creation tool - its a nice boot disc, if nothing else.

Now i think easiest fix is a reset. If there is anything on PC you want to save, try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/ or move hdd into another PC and copy files off it.

change boot order in PC to either USB or DVD first, HDD second
boot from installer, on screen after language choices, choose repair this PC, not install
choose reset this PC
two choices here but since your user is corrupt, really only one. Choose wipe it all. This will basically clean install win 10 again. You will have to reinstall everything so make sure to copy everything in step above.

Solution