GeForce GTX 960 - can't start DirectX 11 game with it

DerVogel

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
Hello,

today I received my new Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 GPU and installed it. I also got the fitting driver for it, of course. So, now I tried starting the game 'Dead by Daylight' and it gave me the error 'DirectX 11 Feature Level 11.0 is required to run this engine' (or something very similar to that).

Maybe I am missing something I still need, maybe I did something wrong, it'd be nice to get this solved.

Also, I already installed the DirectX in the game files and from the Windows page dozens of times, that won't help, and yes, my graphic card driver IS up-to-date.

Solution

Did you :
1) Run DDU to uninstall the driver
2) Restart the machine
3) Install the newest driver
4) Restart the machine
5) Test
or did you skip some steps?

DerVogel

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016

I don't even own GTA V, that doesn't really help me. But thanks for at least trying.

DerVogel

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016

I.. uh.. kinda messed that up because I did that too quick without thinking - now I deinstalled my graphic card in the device manager and my graphic card isn't even being shown there anymore and right now I'm trying to fix that (by installing the driver)

DerVogel

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016

Did that now, didn't seem to work out for me, game still gives me the same error when I'm trying to start it. Although, thank you for trying to help :)

Did you :
1) Run DDU to uninstall the driver
2) Restart the machine
3) Install the newest driver
4) Restart the machine
5) Test
or did you skip some steps?

Solution
'' 1) Run DDU to uninstall the driver '' ?? NVidia drivers don't have a installer / uninstaller ?? so far all mine do ?

don't use device manager for NVidia some on that is stated right in each drivers release notes [not supported] most time in bold lettering

reading the drivers release notes may help if unknowing on things maybe some good info you may want to know

''Re-Run VCRedist and DirectX ''

http://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/9/357288572122824313/

good luck

They do, but at this point he's probably caused so much damage to his system that he needs the nuking option (I doubt the built in uninstaller will be able to clean up properly after what he's done). I normally don't recommend DDU, but this is one of those few cases where I can see it being needed.

DerVogel

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
Hey,

thanks for all the answers so far. I am going to reset my PC now (reinstall Windows 10), (not related to this by the way) and then I have to install those drivers again anyways. I'll see if it works - if it does, I'm going to let you guys know. If not I guess we'll need to talk again.

But so far, thanks to anyone that wanted to help, I really do appreciate that alot.