I AM SOOO TIRED. HELP. ERROR CODE 0x80070057 "something went wrong, contact MICROSOFT"

novizia

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Windows 10 downloaded 100% on my admin site, then in the verification process gave me "Something went wrong, contact Microsoft" and error code 0x80070057. I had so many problems upgrading and then two days ago I read horrible things in the middle of the upgrade that I shut off my computer at 85% thinking that it would prevent the whole upgrade.
I waited today to turn it off as the free trial has expired, however on the admin side, the windows 10 upgrade assistant still completed download and the error occurred in the verification process.
On the other end, on the Standard User side of my computer, I get the message "sorry, free trial expired ". I have my update setting to manual and had avast internet antivirus on, could that be the issue? Microsoft support . what do i do? I will post this in new forum, as it is now a complete different problem. Thank you.

novizia

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Thank you rgd1101. I had the same issue. I only need help on the recovery part. I went to Microsoft support and received another code, which brought me to a page showing me all the files needed for Win X86 and X64. My update for windows 7 for x64 apparently had failed. Then, went to Microsoft.com and FAQ Can I go back to my old OS? There I found TWO issues that made me decide to leave it alone.
1, if the manufacturer set up the PC to run from WIMBoot, (I do not know what that means, but I do not want to deal with that) the option to restore factory settings will no longer be available and somebody commented about lost of the key for Win7, no return period.
2. Some apps have to be uninstalled during the installation, because they could cause problems with the upgrade process or they won't work at all with Win10. "Some you will be able to reinstall, bus some you can't"but I could not find which.
During my failed upgrade (all the way to 99%) I was never asked or shown which apps I might lose. Now I fear I have to find my last restore point, before this all mess began or just resign to a system recovery hoping it is not too late.