Installing fresh OEM windows 10

Csmith339

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
hi so recently i tried to reset my old computer and it got to about 70% and didn't finish so i cancelled the procedure. Ever since it has been in an endless reboot loop. I took the pc to staples and the guy told me to wipe the hardrive and install a brand new version of windows. so i wiped it and got an OEM version of windows 10. what im wondering is will i be able to do this and have the pc work again. Because it came preinstalled with windows 8 then upgraded to 10? any answers would be great! thanks.

Solution

Insert the disk, boot computer to the dvd and install windows 10. I assume you already activated windows on this pc so there should be no problem reinstalling it again.

USAFRet

Titan

If you had successfully Upgraded to Win 10, and it activated...you did not need to purchase a new Win 10.

But since you have it...assuming no hardware fails, it should install just fine.

Csmith339

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014

It has nothing on and i have a windows 10 disk that i bought not on the drive.......

Insert the disk, boot computer to the dvd and install windows 10. I assume you already activated windows on this pc so there should be no problem reinstalling it again.

Solution