Dozens of Blue Screens over the past few months.

Ajdhfh

Reputable
Nov 4, 2015
Hey guys! I've had dozens of blue screens the past few months. The vast majority is whea_uncorrectable_error. Lately, in addition to these, I've been getting pagefault_in_unpaged_area.

Here are some specs and more information. Any help is appreciated.
Motherboard - Alienware0FPV4P

CPU - Intel Core i7-4820K @3.7Ghz; not OC

PSU- Believe its the generic 875W, came with some liquid cooling. The tag is rather hidden, so not 100%.

GPU- NVIDIA GTX680 2GB

GPU temps can go around 65-73 while in a game. CPU temps around 65ish, can hover around 70. Neither GPU nor CPU have gotten above 80C according to openhardware while in Overwatch and HotS (the games that most frequently get the BSODs).

Have tried: reseating RAM, doing windows memory diagnostics, chkdsk, 3DMark Basic, Prime95 (for 15mins, torture test), BurnIn Test (majority of tests, running at full intensity), SMART status test, and probably others that I cannot remember.

Here are some event viewer actions that can be seen around the time of the crash. It is, from what I've seen, the exact same event each time.

A. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Source- Kernel Power. Event ID - 41. Level - Critical

B. A fatal hardware error has occurred.
Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: Machine Check Exception Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error Processor APIC ID: 2
The details view of this entry contains further information.
Source- WHEA-Logger. Event ID- 18. Level - Error
These are the accompanying errors in the event viewer for each BSOD. They remain the same for each.

I've also received these errors numerous times, not sure if they are related.
C. The name "WORKGROUP :1d" could not be registered on the interface with IP address (example). The computer with the IP address (example) did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer.

I do not have any components that I can switch out, to test specifically. I'd just like to pinpoint what exactly is failing so that I can have it replaced. Any help is appreciated; thanks!

Solution
Well, you are already one step ahead by using the Event Viewer.

Finding out what the error(s), e.g., Kernel Power.Event ID - 41" means is the next step.

Google the error message - here is one of many results returned to me:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2028504

There are some possible causes listed further down the website page.

The page may or may not have full relevancy to your system so look at some other links as well. Also Google the other errors.

Look for some commonality between your system and what conditions cause Error(s) A,B, and C. - some overlap between the Events being reported by Event Viewer.

I much favor starting with simple over complex so probably would focus on a possible PSU problem to start...

Ralston18

Titan
Well, you are already one step ahead by using the Event Viewer.

Finding out what the error(s), e.g., Kernel Power.Event ID - 41" means is the next step.

Google the error message - here is one of many results returned to me:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2028504

There are some possible causes listed further down the website page.

The page may or may not have full relevancy to your system so look at some other links as well. Also Google the other errors.

Look for some commonality between your system and what conditions cause Error(s) A,B, and C. - some overlap between the Events being reported by Event Viewer.

I much favor starting with simple over complex so probably would focus on a possible PSU problem to start with until I could prove otherwise or eliminate the possibility. Then move on to the next potential cause and go through the same process.

Solution