Need advices for my first gaming pc build

Zehx

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
Hey everyone,

I'm currently shopping for my first gaming build and I need advices/tips for the components I chose so far.

Here's the list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/H2jCLD

I thought about going with the i7-6700K but many people says the i5-6600K is enough for gaming and once overclocked would be if not as good as the i7-6700k.
I know that the i7 has extra hyperthreading and L3 cache but I heard it did not have this much of an impact for games.
That being said, I wondered if my CPU would keep a reasonable temperature if I overclocked it at 4.5-4.6 Ghz with the current CPU cooler i chose

Now onto the RAM, people says to some extent the speed doesnt affect the performances that much. Is it true? Should I go with 16GB and with a lower speed instead?

Also about the GPU, do you think it's future proof? Or should I go with the GTX 1070 instead?
Consider that I plan playing every titles on 1080p at max settings and eventually on 1440p at max settings

Thanks alot!

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Overclocking is not very useful in gaming honestly. I would much rather have the hyperthreading of an i7 for all other tasks than overclocking which won't be very helpful in anything. Yes I would get the 1070 instead. Always get the best video card possible. Especially if you want to play at 1440p.