Best settings for Dual GTX1080 Nivida Card on a 1080P Monitor

Akstation

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
Hi, Recently bought a high end pc, with Dual 1080GTX Nvidia GPU, But NOT planning to buy a 4K Monitor or a 144Hz Monitor just yet !! ( I am still waiting for the price to drop - I don't want to spend over $300 ) so, yesterday I purchased a 27" Asus VP278H-P monitor ( 1080P Full HD ) which is on sale at Best buy, it has a vga port for my older pc and 2 hdmi port - Plus Built in speaker for my xbox 360 setup

Now i just want to ask you guys, would I get a better image quality with the new card GTX1080 on this 1080p 60Hz monitor, is there a better way, setting up, the display setup on the video card for better display and play games ,, I haven't receive the new pc , just yet.. but i would like to know,

Thanks again..

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't even use the second 1080 until you get either a high refresh rate 1440p monitor or something 4k. You will be able to max out any game 1080p 60fps with a single 1080, the second one is just going to suck power and do nothing, if anything it will make your gaming expiernce worse as not a lot of games support sli well sometimes it can introduce stuttering or other issues.

Not really sure why you would buy two 1080s before getting a monitor that could make use of them.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

+1. How much did that PC Cost (by "bought a high end pc" I am assuming you did not build it)? You could be waiting a VERY long time before a 4k monitor is at the price you want. This is something you should have figured out beforehand.

Your best bet would be to take one of those 1080s out and sell it. Even one 1080 is more than you could ever need for a 1080p 60hz monitor.

Still at a loss for words as to what a tremendous waste of money this is.

Akstation

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
thanks for all support, I have decided to return the Asus and get the LG 27" ( 4K - Ultra HD 60Hz IPS ) 27UD68-W model from best buy tomorrow..
hopefully it is worth it, i checked out all display from Best buy .. this is the best one there.. (at $599 )
the Asus was good with 2 hdmi ports and built in speakers ,,