Monitor blacks out randomly.

joschwab

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2015
Okay so when I play games on computer, and go under option and choose any tab but the first tab, my monitor blacks out.this happens on more than one game. Also sometimes when I start the games it blacks out untie I restart the game or the menu eventually pops up. It blacks out periodically on my Screensaver. And finally when I boot windows, the boot screen with Windows logo is black. What the heck is going on?
I have an two asus monitors, only game on the one, and they are plugged into an evga gtx 780 that's on an asus motherboard.

Solution
Does this happen to BOTH monitors or just one?

If it's just one, have you tried to swap the connecting cables (DVI or HDMI) between the two monitors to see if the problem swaps to the other monitor?

Have you tried relocating your 780 in to another PCI-e slot just to see if that makes a difference?

urbanj

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Does this happen to BOTH monitors or just one?

If it's just one, have you tried to swap the connecting cables (DVI or HDMI) between the two monitors to see if the problem swaps to the other monitor?

Have you tried relocating your 780 in to another PCI-e slot just to see if that makes a difference?

Solution

joschwab

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2015

I will try that and let you know.