BSOD's even after full system restore

Isaiah_T

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
Hello, I have been having issues with BSOD's on my computer for a while now. It's been taken into Geeksquad's tech support 7 times and and I've made 3 threads on Microsoft forums but have found no luck. I am resorting to this forum because every time I look up an issue this website is the first to pop up so I'm hoping I will have a better outcome with this forum. The reason I am not going to other forums is because Blue screens are almost exclusive the the user's system hardware (or at least that's what it seems like). I did make improvements on my computer, I use to get a lot of different blue screens but now I seem to only get Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal. I will be providing two DMP files below, if someone can help me find out what drivers are causing my computer to blue screen, that would be much appreciated.

DMP1: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av5irfClhdOdqXFOADmr69AIP3iF

DMP2: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av5irfClhdOdqXIpuP1ISjUWCoJW

Solution
I think the dism command was complaining that some of the drivers that it was checking were drivers from the motherboard vendor and these drivers are not in the hidden backup directory on the machine. normally that would be just a warning but one of the drivers it thinks was corrupted so when it tried to restore the driver if first went to the driver store and it was not there then it tried to get it by online version and it was not there. you will want to install the motherboard drivers your self from the dell website.
(it should be a intel storage driver)

was windows 10 directly installed by dell or was this a windows 8.1 machine that was updated?

machine info:
Vendor Dell Inc.
BIOS Version...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I cannot read the dumps but this might show us what are in them, can you download and run whocrashed: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it will produce a summary of errors and may show you the driver responsible for the one you are getting. Often it just points at windows, but its worth a try

copy/paste results in here.

There are people who can read dumps but this program lets us peek at short answer, its something to start with till those people show up :)

my guess would be you have a audio driver corrupting memory. I would update the motherboard drivers, go into windows control panel, and disable any audio sources that don't have speakers connected to them. reboot into BIOS and reset it back to defaults and reconfigure it.

I would also run cmd.exe as an admin, then run
sfc.exe /scannow
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

(just in case your storage driver has a malware infection)

----------
first bugcheck was related to a storage driver (looks like it was doing a RAID call)
stack look like something wrote data over it. (memory address was 75)
the second bugcheck was in usbaudio with a corrupted stack that had a error code 0xc0000120 written over it.

The I/O request was canceled was the error code.

Isaiah_T

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

I did the sfc.exe /scannow and it said I had corrupt files but when I ran dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth it could not find the source of the repair (error 87), the DISM log it gave me will be below. I disabled all audio devices that don't have a speaker and reset my BIOS to default.

DISM Log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av5irfClhdOdqXQdpkdo7cQNVK4c

I think the dism command was complaining that some of the drivers that it was checking were drivers from the motherboard vendor and these drivers are not in the hidden backup directory on the machine. normally that would be just a warning but one of the drivers it thinks was corrupted so when it tried to restore the driver if first went to the driver store and it was not there then it tried to get it by online version and it was not there. you will want to install the motherboard drivers your self from the dell website.
(it should be a intel storage driver)

was windows 10 directly installed by dell or was this a windows 8.1 machine that was updated?

machine info:
Vendor Dell Inc.
BIOS Version A11
BIOS Release Date 07/09/2015
Product Name XPS 8700
Product 0KWVT8
Version A03
Chassis Type Desktop

Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Processor Voltage 8fh - 1.5V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3000MHz
Current Speed 3000MHz

------------
is the windows update service turned off?

Solution