Maxthon Web Browser

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone on here is familiar with the Maxthon web browser and then if the answer is yes I will ask my question?

Solution
Why not just ask the question and we can go see what answer is :)

I haven't used it but unless its an intricate question, we should be able to figure it out.

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Okay here is the Email I sent to maxthon but it said they can't respond to all the emails. and I do not think they will respond to mine.

My name is Steve I really Like your Browser but I'm having a couple of issues. I have windows 10 and My version of Maxthon is 4.9.3.1000 when I click on maxthon and I'm at the maxthon homepage and I click on youtube I can no longer run the youtube videos with the flash player in retro mode. In the maxthon settings in the web content of Browsing all the settings in there are unchecked Always use Ultra Mode (Some websites might be displayed incorrectly)
Enable smooth scrolling
Enable standard rendering in Retro Mode (This option is available on IE8 or higher versions)

All I get when I click on a you tube video is a long red rectangular box that says you need adobe flash to watch this video download it from adobe and when I click on the download link it just brings me to a troubleshooting page because it recognises that I already have it installed I have adobe flash player 22 npapi and adobe flash 22 ppapi. Shockwave flash object is enabled in the manage add on settings of ie 11 that comes with windows 10 and also active x filtering is unchecked in the safety section of Ie. So I'm not sure if there is a trick to getting flash to work in retro mode of Maxthon. I like running it in retro mode because I think flash is faster than html 5 video quality is better and when I run fl;ash in retro mode and run the youtube videos it plays them out of all 4 of my desktop speakers..

So any help would be great!!

Thank you so much Steve

PS Sorry for the double email.

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

Hi, I was wondering if you could do me a favor? Maybe you could download Maxthon v 4.9.3.1000 it's a cloud browser. right at there startup page there will be you tube go into you tube but do not click on any videos. at the top right there will be 3 bars click on it and scroll down to where you see switch browser core Ultra or retro mode click on retro mode make sure there is a blue icon at the top with a white line going through it and not the Lighting bolt that is Ultra mode you do not want that. and then click on a you tube video and see if you can run it. Do you have 4 computer speakers setup or even 5 will work but not 2. I want to see if you can play the videos out of all 4 speakers. Some people might say why don't I just go with html 5 player and call it a day. Well I like adobe flash better I think it's more resposove than html5 doesn't use as much resources. and I think the video quality is better. Also Maxthon is the only web browser that used to allow me to run the you tube videos in retro mode using the flash player and I could hear them out of all 4 of my speakers. I cannot get html 5 content to work with all 4 of my desktop speakers just the 2. This will tell me weather the problem is an issue with my computer or with the browser itself.

Thanks a lot!

Kinny

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

So that means you must already have the flash player version for Maxthon which is 22 ppapii or 22 npapi you should check by going to your add and remove programs in your control panel or programs and features. Anyways try running Maxthon in retro mode with my instructions in my post and then see if you can run the video Okay?

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

But are you able to watch you tube videos with Maxthon in retro mode the blue Icon not the yellow Lighting bolt. and when the video is Playing if it does play right click on the video and see if you are using flash or html 5.

I appreciate this!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Odd, I installed it yesterday and now its not on PC. I have to blame the Windows update I ran last night, it mustn't have liked Maxthon as all I have in its folder now is a link to the forum.

I couldn't watch a video, as it wanted flash and had a link to adobe where the video should have been and it would take me to that page I linked above, so I didn't get very far at all.

What is your computer? Is it a laptop/desktop? is it a brand name or custom? Maybe I can help you with the sound part as if you have a Realtek chip on your PC, the loss of quad sound in YouTube videos appears to be a change made to the drivers and not flash itself. UP until Feb this year I could get surround though all my speakers watching YouTube but ever since I fresh installed Win 10 and removed my old Win 7 drivers, I was stuck with stereo in YouTube unless I swapped speakers from 5.1 to dual stereo

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

My Computer is a custom build I got in 2010 from Microcenter had them build it for me. Yes I have the realtek for sound but I think they are stopping adobe flash so maybe that is why it can't be run anymore. See if I run an extention that disables html 5 the you tube videos will run in retro mode and ulta mode using adobe but it is only retro mode running only adobe flash that used too (past tense) allow me to run the videos and hear them out of all 4 of my desktop speakers. My sound controller is using the latest drivers and all the videos that I run on my computer tv shows music whatever all come out of all 4 of my speakers because I have everything configured right in the sound controller settings. quadraphonic front left front right surround sound all checked.enhancemnts tab in the speakers setup speaker fill and Loudness equalization are checked. and in the realtek audio manager speaker configuration is quadraphonic and the two at the bottom are fron't left and right are checked and fill in is checked and surround sound is also checked. So everything seems fine to me and I did a restore of windows 10 and I'm still having this issue Now adobe flash works in Ultra mode and I think works with chrome and Maybe firefox as long as I have this extention installed that disables html5. I would use html5 if you maybe could get it to run in quadraphonic sound all 4 speakers.

I wish somebody on here could do a remote connect with my computer. then that would make things easier I know there are people you can call but I don't want to pay and I'm not sure that they are not hackers or something Like that.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i had my realtek set to quadraphonic for a while last year, now I leave it at 5.1 and use my speaker control unit to choose the output. Youtube only plays 5.1 now if the source video is recorded in 5.1, so sometimes I hear my rear speakers but most times I don't unless I swap to dual stereo. I prefer to avoid quad as it ignores my centre/woofer and that is not an option i like.

I am not a technician so I refuse to use someone else's PC via remote in case I mess up. Seems Microsoft techs don't have that last worry which means they don't care if they mess up. I feel bad if I just give bad advice, let alone actually doing it.

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

I sent a message to the Adobe flash forums so I hope to be hearing something I just want to know how to get all 4 of my speakers to work when I run a video is all. Or how to get html 5 to work with all 4 of my speakers I'm not finding any settings that allows me to change a speaker setup.with html 5 but maybe there is something I'm missing. I understand about not wanting to do a remote connect with my computer. Maybe there is a plugin that I need or a codec. Something
Maybe you Colif have any idea as of how to get html 5 to play in quadraphic sound meaning to use all 4 of my speakers.

I would really appreciate it!

Thanks Again