What is the best gaming monitor for ME!?!?

TaintedGG

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
Hi,

So I'm really not sure what kind of monitor I should buy. My old one broke and I am currently playing games on a 32inch standard res screen. I have a budget of $500, $550 pushing it, would be happier spending $450 though.
I found a 1440p 144Hz screen, freesync at my top budget but now, 2 weeks later I can not find a single one on sale. I do want adaptive sync but my current card (R9 280) doesnt support freesync and I am not sure what I wish to upgrade to (either 1070 or 490.. something like that).
I will be playing a mix of fps and rpg games, but none of the fps ultra competitively.
I haerd ultrawides were great for RPG games, but I heard mixed reviews about 29inch form, seems like a thing you either love or hate. Also heard great things about 144Hz but I feel like the difference between 144Hz and 60Hz is nearly the cost of 2 average 60hz montiors. Is this worth it!?!

I was thinking buying a monitor, trying it for a couple of days and bringing it back if I dont like it. I just have issues with buying freegync/gsync/no adaptive sync.

I will be playing games like Fallout 4, Witcher 3, CS:GO, Battlefield 4, Skyrim, Farcry 4 and bo2
I want it to look good for my RPG games and perform well enough in games like CS:GO, which is why that 1440p monitor looked great. I will play FPS and RPG equally so it really needs to be in the middle ground!

TaintedGG

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
Is it worth getting something like this for the extra $50 over my budget?? 75Hz 34inch ultrawide?!?https://www.pccasegear.com/products/35002/lg-34um58-p-34in-ultrawide-ips-led-gaming-monitor
forgot to mention - I'm in Aus to its $550Aud