A Tap/ Pauses when movie plays on 4k at 60Hz

Akstation

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
Hi, just bought a 4k LG Monitor ( 27UD68W ) from best buy,today, now after i setup and did some setting on the control panel setting the ratio to 60Hz at 1920 X 1080 , every time watching a video on youtube or netflix movies, about 2- 5 mins or so , the movie or video a little pause, but at normal internet suffering ,,, with out video, no problem , what can i do or what have i done, to fix the Tap , pause issue??? I'm using the LG monitor HDMI cable to my low budget asus eee pc celeon

Thanks

Solution
It would help if you provided us with the specs of your computer.
Make: Asus
Model: EEE (not sure what model though)
Processor: celeron (what model)
Memory: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB ?
Video Card: Integrated (iGPU) or Discrete (add-in card)?

I am almost certain that the average (not top of the line) Celeron iGPU likely cannot handle full 4k 60Hz output, despite the ark.intel.com website stating it can. I have a 4th Gen i3 and it struggles at 4k resolution despite being listed as 4k capable. Some video plays fine, others it stutters at times. 4k video is also a memory hog, so does your CPU and iGPU have enough memory shared between them? Hint, 4GB is NOT enough...

Is the video buffering? If it is, let the video load for a while and see if it...

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
It would help if you provided us with the specs of your computer.
Make: Asus
Model: EEE (not sure what model though)
Processor: celeron (what model)
Memory: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB ?
Video Card: Integrated (iGPU) or Discrete (add-in card)?

I am almost certain that the average (not top of the line) Celeron iGPU likely cannot handle full 4k 60Hz output, despite the ark.intel.com website stating it can. I have a 4th Gen i3 and it struggles at 4k resolution despite being listed as 4k capable. Some video plays fine, others it stutters at times. 4k video is also a memory hog, so does your CPU and iGPU have enough memory shared between them? Hint, 4GB is NOT enough...

Is the video buffering? If it is, let the video load for a while and see if it plays smooth until it starts buffering again.

Further, my video issues were resolved, to the best of the iGPU's capabilities, when I upgraded to 8GB RAM and the latest iGPU driver and left the resolution at 1080p (49" 4k TV that will up-convert to 4k "ish" quality).

Solution

Akstation

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
its a Asus Celeron at 1.50 GHz at 4GB Ram ( IGPU) , eee pc ,,,currently using.. and i set it at 1920x1080 resolution with 60Hz on the control panel in windows 8.1
cz, bought i new pc , it's on it's way in shipping, with the new 1080 GTX ( Dual ) card, until then i use this celeron pc,
but it seems to have problems watch videos online, then watching my own movies - have no problem ( Not streaming ) with the celeron pc

so yeah.. don't know how to fix this
Thanks

Akstation

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
Yeah,, this morning I set the screen resolution to 1920x1080, this time changed to 30Hz for this slower pc (celeron),, it seems much better,, I will test more,, later today,, thanks Uberragen21