what does it mean when amazon says "package received by carrier"?

Tina_35

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
I had ordered an ipad mini 2 on sunday july 31 and they shipped it today, and I have a message saying "1:03PM Package received by carrier". And the estimated date arrival is sometime Friday august 5 and monday august 22.

So my question is, will it be delivered on august 5?

Solution
so you live in the USA and ordered it in the USA, so there is no custom clearance. If you are living outside of the USA and you have ordered it in the USA it will go through custom cleareance. That means they will add addtional fees probably, and this process can take diffrently Long.

tom_spinach

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
it just got received by the carrier, so it is on its way to you. If there is no custom clearance packages normally get delivered a bit earlier than Amazon says. But as well custom clearance can take Long depending on Country.

Tina_35

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

Well, I ordered it in the USA, but I am a bit confused. Did you mean where I ordered the item or the country where the item was shipped from?

tom_spinach

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
so you live in the USA and ordered it in the USA, so there is no custom clearance. If you are living outside of the USA and you have ordered it in the USA it will go through custom cleareance. That means they will add addtional fees probably, and this process can take diffrently Long.

Solution

Tina_35

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

oh ok thank you for answering my question. it really helped :)

Tina_35

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

It's now giving me a message saying 'It's on the way On time: Package arrived at a carrier facility in Warrendale, PA US at 1:11AM'