Has Newegg RMA improved?

ElementAMD

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015
Quick question - I do plan on getting my MOBO from newegg due to the price gap compared to other websites. Incase of me needing to RMA it, I will be taking photos of the CPU socket because of the stories where RMAd boards have been damaged after the customer returned it. Does this still happen and should I trust newegg?

Solution
Newegg has gone down hill dramatically since they incorporated dozens of unvetted online retailers. Even if something says it will be sold and shipped by newegg, i have already had more than one order where it was actually shipped from some random retailer.

That said an RMA within the 30 day window should be accepted regardless of the condition of the motherboard or reason cited in the RMA. I could see damage coming up in a warranty claim, but not an RMA. They do charge a fee for returns, but i believe it is waived for exchanges.

Newegg isn't a shady company, and it is no skin off their back to send a board back to the manufacturer. I'm always very wary of peoples stories when it comes to RMAs and retailers. Just like motherboard...
Newegg has gone down hill dramatically since they incorporated dozens of unvetted online retailers. Even if something says it will be sold and shipped by newegg, i have already had more than one order where it was actually shipped from some random retailer.

That said an RMA within the 30 day window should be accepted regardless of the condition of the motherboard or reason cited in the RMA. I could see damage coming up in a warranty claim, but not an RMA. They do charge a fee for returns, but i believe it is waived for exchanges.

Newegg isn't a shady company, and it is no skin off their back to send a board back to the manufacturer. I'm always very wary of peoples stories when it comes to RMAs and retailers. Just like motherboard reviews - so much of it boils down to user error that you can't really trust what people say.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
That's not true I buy a lot of parts from Newegg and have never had a item that was sold and shipped by them come from anywhere else.
For the RMA the last item I received DOA was a Samsung 850 SSD, summited for a RMA, got the RMA number I paid for 2 day shipping from Memphis to Cal all RMA's go their for testing. I got the replacement 7 days after the day I mailed the SSD back. So 7 days from shipping it back to it's at my door.
Bent CPU pins are a bit different because the board ships with a factory installed cover to prevent damage Newegg can not take a RMA on that because the manufacture will not refund their cost.