Internet Connection Sharing causes "Failure to display security and shutdown options"

Roguebantha

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
So for some reason, whenever I enable ICS from my computer to my Xbox, I eventually (may take awhile but eventually) I will be unable to start any programs, I will not be able to use Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and trying to do so will give me the error "Failure to display security and shutdown options", and I cannot click on the Windows search bar to bring it up. Any suggestions?
Things I have already tried:

Reinstalling Windows
    Changing network card
    Restarting
    netsh winsock reset
    Checking for Windows OS corruption
    Googling

Any other suggestions?

AMD FX-8350
GTX 970
Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Mobo
1 TB HDD
16 GB of RAM at 1866 Mhz

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start menu
choose command prompt (Admin)
Type SFC /scannow and press enter

this will scan system files and try to fix error

Try running System Maintenance Troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. Please follow the steps given below.

1. Go to control panel.
2. Select system and maintenance.
3. There select troubleshooting.
4. In troubleshooting, go to system and security and select run maintenance task.
5. Select system maintenance and follow the on screen instructions.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/dialogue-box-failure-to-display-security-and-shut/804a5307-799b-4936-a37d-eea4dffc8cb7

Roguebantha

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
Hmmm sounds familiar.

At any rate, I don't expect corruption to be the issue considering I entirely reinstalled Windows 10 and I still experience the problem.

I did NOT try making a new user. But once again, considering I have entirely reinstalled Windows, I doubt that the user is the problem.