No remote network discovery/public or shared folder on successful VPN connection

techseven

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Hi everyone, here is my problem:

I have successfully created a VPN connection server on Windows 10, forwarded the necessary port and I can connect from another computer ( through internet ).

The problem is that the client computer cannot access/discover the remote network, like public folders but I can browse the internet.

In advanced sharing settings, I have turned everything to "on", for public and private networks, I even tried turning off the firewall on the host computer but nothing works.

I have tried to access the folders using

\\servers.ip.address.here\Share and \\servername\Share

But nothing works, if I right click "Map a network drive" and say "Browse" the host computer is not listed there or anywhere else.

I am probably making a simple mistake (it usually is) but the this article show in a concise manner how I create the VPN connection, the article is for Windows 8 but its virtually identical on Windows 10:
http://www.topnettricks.com/how-to-set-up-a-simple-vpn-in-windows-8/

I might also add that I couldn't access the internet through the VPN until I added these settings to the connection (the server has a static local ip of 192.168.0.115), here is a screenshot:

ipv4settings.png

I hope someone can point out my mistake here...