How do I remove bloatware / windows 10 junk on my win10 Dell XPS 13 laptop? (thx in advance)

Brian_W

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
I tried de-crapifier and it did very little because I had already uninstalled lots of things via windows 10 app delete method. 

I tried add-remove programs. I'm stuck with icons for "xbox" and all sorts of shit in my program list. 

Also, do you guys know if I need to keep dell audio? 

And one more bonus question (sorry): Is there a way to increase the width of a windows 10 of open windwos in the taskbar? So they piece you click on to bring the window to the forground is wider and easier to click? I do NOT NOT NOT NOT want to increase the height of the taskbar (which means I don't want to use Micrsoft 10 zoom options)

Thanks so much for the help.

Phaewryn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2013

I find about 40% of it extremely useful. I assume you mean the whole iObit suite download. There's a separate download for JUST their uninstaller, and it's just that. There's LINKS to download all the rest of their stuff, but it's not all bloated onto the uninstaller. Just be careful what you click.

Phaewryn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2013

I run Malwarebytes Pro right beside Advanced Systemcare Pro 24/7. They play very nicely together. Every download from iObit scans clean with Malwarebytes, or always has for me. Most of their "add ons" that say they require you buy them, if you run them, and then get to the "buy now" point, click to buy, then x out of it, and the programs run for free (driver booster does this). I've found the suite immensely useful. Malwarebytes has never once found anything malicious in anything from iObit on my system. I *am* careful what I click, of course. Their software is absolutely loaded with "buy this, click heres". So long as you avoid clicking the ads, it's great software.

Do a clean install. If you want to remove store apps ccleaner can uninstall them. Well thats what I use, if you cant uninstall them in the store

The annoying thing with Win10 1607 is the store installs any apps it wants to! I ended up removing them using ccleaner