New build keeps freezing. Running windows 10 pro (64bit version)

apophis1811

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015
I recently build my friend a computer and it boots up and everything but it keeps freezing. Sometimes it will run for hours and sometimes it freezes in minutes we can't use it. I really need help. I've done a stress test on the cpu, gpu, checked the hard drive, checked the RAM with windows memory diagnostic and memtest. It freezes on the cpu stress test when i have it use a lot of ram or some ram. I checked the CPU temps and they seem to be in range. I can not find out what's wrong. It shows no errors. when i check reliability monitor it just says windows didn't shut down properly. When it freezes, it completely locks up. It's no blue screen or anything. I'm having lots of trouble trying to determine what the problem is here.
My build.
CPU: AMD FX- 6300 black edition
RAM: NY Anarchy 8GB Kit (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz (PC3-12800
Motherboard: 78LMT-USB3 GIGABYTE
GPU: GTX 950 sc+ EVGA
Any help would be appreciated. We're completely out of ideas at this point.

for a system that freezes,
Update the BIOS to the current version, stop all overclocking in BIOS and in software,
make sure to update the motherboard audio driver to prevent conflicts with the GPU or other audio drivers.

update the CPU chipset drivers and any motherboard USB 3 drivers.

if you run a nvidia card, be sure to update your ethernet driver or disable nvidia shadowplay and nvidia shield if it is running. I have seen bug tie up all of the memory in the system after a few minutes and it can cause the GPU driver to stop responding. Also, bugs in the USB system can be exposed by old USB drivers and cause the pci/e bus to get flooded with packets and the GPU to stop responding.

if you still have the problem, you would want to change the memory dump type to kernel, and google how to force a memory dump with a keyboard. Reboot, then when you next get the problem you would force the memory dump then copy the file c:\windows\memory.dmp to a cloud server like microsoft one drive, share the file as public and post a link.

I can take a quick look to see it there is a easy fix.

apophis1811

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015

It took much longer but it did freeze. It still freezes.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMY_PEmQ9yta9QjyaJ-B02PwCg
There is the link to the memory.dmp file you told me to make. The computer wasn't frozen when I did this. I don't even think i can use the keyboard whilst the computer is frozen so I hope you can get something out of this.

when I looked at the status of your various network adapter, it looks like the wireless adapter is disconnected and that your wired adapter is connected. This is strange that the wireless adapter would be using so much system memory in this case.
you could have some situation where a service is talking to a wireless driver that is not in use. I am thinking that could be related to your logmein software.
the wireless driver status was connected but dormant_paused
but in another place it reports that MediaDisconnected DOWN_NOT_CONNECTED

I would just update the network drivers with the other drivers and see if it helps.

also, the system indicates that you do not have a pagefile.sys
make sure you have a pagefile.sys on your c: drive, it should be 1.5 to 2 times the size of your physical ram.

your usb wireless driver is using up a very large amount of the nonpaged pool. (memory shared by device drivers)
it would explain why the system slows down.
---------
I think what is happening is your USB 3 driver has a problem and it is causing your USB wireless adapter to have a problem. I looks like it is using a huge amount of nonpaged pool in in the system.
then the virus scanner, the nvidia shadowplay, the logmein program,microsoft onedrive and your steam streaming software are all waiting for a response from the wireless driver.

when the network runs out of connections it will start a 300 second timeout before it will close connections and allow the next connection to proceed. you might disable some of your network software if you are not using it just to free up resources. for example disable shadowplay if you don't use it will free up some resources.
otherwise you have to get your usb ports and usb wireless device to work correctly or go to a wired connection to see if you still get the problem.

Generally with bugs like this something triggers the problem. I mean some new code will expose a bug that was already there.
you can start cmd.exe as an admin and run
netstat.exe -a -b

this will show what binaries are using various connections and their state
it can be useful to see if something unexpected is using network resources.

I would just update the USB 3 drivers, and the usb wireless driver if you can find a update.
you might find that putting the usb wireless driver on a usb 2.0 port might work.
(sorry I can not use the usb 3 debugging extensions on a VIA USB 3 hardware)

looking at the memory dump now. making notes as I look.
found a problem but it is hanging the debugger.

pick up the below updates, then reboot into bios and reset the BIOS to defaults and reboot.

I will see if i can get the debugger to work correctly.

--------
pick up the 3 windows 10 motherboard drivers
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5195#driver

notes:
running norton/Symantec av

LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Miniport Driver
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Hamdrv.sys Mon Mar 30 06:28:42 2015

old usb network driver:
Ralink RT2870 series USB802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\netr28ux.sys Thu Jun 05 19:14:29 2014
check to see if you can get a update here:
http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads1/downloads/usb/

old motherboard lan driver installed:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
get update here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ViaHub3.sys Thu Oct 30 19:43:57 2014
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\xhcdrv.sys Thu Oct 30 19:43:52 2014

machine info:
BIOS Version F2
BIOS Starting Address Segment e000
BIOS Release Date 11/25/2014
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
Version SEx
Chassis Type Desktop
Processor Version AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
Processor Voltage 90h - 1.6V
External Clock 200MHz
Max Speed 3000MHz
Current Speed 3500MHz
Processor Upgrade Socket 754

apophis1811

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015

I downloaded all the three drivers for the motherboard before. I'll install the new realtek lan driver you posted. But now it's been up for 8 hours downloading with no problems. I've been downloading a game which it always froze on. I'm sure it's going to freeze again but hopefully not. It would also freeze before i had any programs installed on it and when i had only the wireless adapter connected. Right now i have an ethernet cable and the wireless adapter is connected as well. I did a search for the pagefile.sys and it didn't find anything. What do i do about that?
I installed the drivers and it's still freezing.

Edit: fixed spell check error for pagefile

You can Google for how to set your pagefile size.
Or look here http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Windows-10&faq=52

The pagefile is hidden by default.

Oscar_22

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
On the settings it says that it is 8192 MB in size. I have 8 gb of ram so it's basically the same. Should I change it? It's still freezing after I installed the drivers. Right when I click maximum settings on final fantasy, it freezes. I'm on the computer now. It takes a while for it to freeze so I use the game because I know for sure it will freeze quicker there than anything else. All the drivers are up to date. Could it maybe be temperatures? I'm using coretemp to check for temperatures but it's always in range but maybe it's reading it wrong? Is it even a physical problem do you think? I did all that you told me to.

All I can do is look that the memory dumps. Each driver that allocates memory puts in a pool tag with each allocation. Heat problems would not account for the huge number of memory allocations from the wireless driver.

Oscar_22

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=ADDC4326F1FC1803%21107&cid=ADDC4326F1FC1803
it froze and it gave us this minidump. Would you mind taking a look at it?

file is not shared for public access

the bugcheck shows a bugcheck 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
the CPU call this bugcheck because of some problem inside the CPU,
looks like a timeout from core 0 trying to read data from cache bank 4

BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4)

the system uptime was 5 seconds, this could indicate that the machine rebooted because of some power condition.
I was not able to read the BIOS info

you should search for this bugcheck error on toms hardware and try some of the debugging steps.
removeing overclock, updating BIOS, checking your power connections to the graphics card, make sure all the fans are working, monitor your voltages, confirm your powersupply ratings are good, ...

Oscar_22

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Didn't find a fix. I'm not overclocking anything. the BIOS is updated (I got it from GIGABYTE's website), power connections seem good, all fans are working really well, and as for the powersupply ratings. They're good on amazon but really mixed on newegg. Do you think it's a powersupply issue?

Oscar_22

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
sorry and the psu rating is 80 plus bronze.

CORSAIR CX-M series CX750M 750W

ATX12V v2.3
Modular
80 PLUS BRONZE Certified
100 - 240 V 47 - 63 Hz
+3.3V@25A, +5V@25A, +12V@62A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@3A
ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply
ErP Lot 6 80 Plus Bronze
4th generation Intel Core processor Ready

apophis1811

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015