W10 preventing computer from turning on after sleep OR hibernate

Zac_Eckstein

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
I recently (finally) upgraded to Windows 10. Everything is actually fine save for one issue I can't figure out. It may be my power supply, but I built the machine about 18 months ago, so it seems a little soon for that, but I'm not ruling it out.
Basically, if I put the computer into sleep OR hibernate modes, the computer won't turn on again when I come back to it. The main button won't work and neither will the mouse or keyboard. I have to power-cycle the PSU with the switch in the back and then the computer will wake back up quickly and restore all of my programs. It's like it's sleeping, but will only wake up with a power cycle.
I've tried several different combinations of settings in the Power Settings area, to no avail.

Is this definitely my PSU? It's just seems strange that it started happening exactly on the day I upgraded to W10.

Thanks for your advice.

Solution
not being psychic, can you tell us the PSU you are using? What version of windows did you have before?

I think the settings sleep uses have changed in the last few years, it might be why your pc no longer wakes up

Colif

Win 11 Master
not being psychic, can you tell us the PSU you are using? What version of windows did you have before?

I think the settings sleep uses have changed in the last few years, it might be why your pc no longer wakes up

Solution