Ping is going up and down in games

Zanuc

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
So, since i have been using windows 10 my ping ingame is going up and down like 40 - 300 and again 40 and up etc...I just cant play like that. The thing is when i see a player ping is going up, thats happening in CS:GO. Is it windows? My wifi? Game? Idk. Even thought my wifi speed is like 0,6 mb/sec...but that wasnt a problem before. Pls help

Solution

A full spec list may be helpful to diagnose the problem.
Off the top of my head, It may be that you wifi/ethernet card is physically damaged or not seated properly in your pc which would cause unreliable connection and possibly prevent an ethernet connection from working entirely, You could test this by plugging in a different usb dongle or pci-e expansion card and see if the problem continues. If you don't have any you could get a cheap one on amazon for ~$10.

Oaklandmurphy

Respectable
Jun 1, 2016
It is likely the fact that you are trying to play over a pretty abysmal (600kbps is very slow) wifi connection. Wifi is notorious for being spotty especially in games. The best fix would be to simply connect your pc to your router via ethernet cable. In the mean time, you could try to move your pc closer to the router or vice-versa and remove anything obstructing the signal.

Zanuc

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
I am really close to my router, like 2 - 3 feets away. Nothing is obstructing the signal either and if I put the cable on, my pc says it cant recognize the internet and it says that theres no internet acces. I have updated all the drivers already..

Oaklandmurphy

Respectable
Jun 1, 2016

A full spec list may be helpful to diagnose the problem.
Off the top of my head, It may be that you wifi/ethernet card is physically damaged or not seated properly in your pc which would cause unreliable connection and possibly prevent an ethernet connection from working entirely, You could test this by plugging in a different usb dongle or pci-e expansion card and see if the problem continues. If you don't have any you could get a cheap one on amazon for ~$10.

Solution