TN monitor or IPS for gaming?

tusieq

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
I want to buy new monitor. I dont play games often, but i like to play GTA 5 or Far Cry sometime. I watch a lot of on youtube and im surfing on internet most time. Which monitor should i take? My choices are aoc g2260vwq6 (75hz, flicker free, free sync, 1ms - ideal, but only 21.5 :/) for gaming and i2369vm/i2481fxh (i like this design, very good monitor) for normal usage... I have TN monitor right now, but its cheap and weak. Colors arent important for me at all.

CrazyOnGaming

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
IPS monitor's tend to have a slight higher response time but look a lot nicer, whereas TN have lower response times But have less colour vibrancy so it really depends on what you want. If you play fast games like CS:GO, any MOBA's or things like that then TN is the answer. If you want things to look clearer and have more colour, go IPS.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
I have 2x 1440p monitors, one is an IPS panel, the other is TN.

For me, both are very good for the few games I play and the GP computing that I do. The few times I've done any photo touch-ups, I get the best result from the IPS screen.

So, for content creation I go for the IPS screen, otherwise the TN panel is perfectly fine.

tusieq

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

Not at all, if you dont watch a lot of films but sometimes on YT, get TN. IPS monitor is good for games, but doesnt have freesync etc. like pure gaming TN monitors.