Logitech SetPoint won't start on new Windows 10 laptop?

ChaoticShadow

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
This is the error message I'm getting:

The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Trying to run Logitech SetPoint software on my new Lenovo laptop. I'm on the latest Windows 10 build/version. (version 1607)

Thanks! I appreciate the help! :) :)

Solution
This issue is typically caused by a conflict between the program and one or more of the files in the C++ runtime libraries. These libraries are part of the Windows operating system and are used, and potentially updated, by installing or updating several Microsoft or other third party products.

If you are experiencing this error when launching or installing the program, and if the program repair option does not resolve the issue, the most effective method to correct this error is to uninstall and reinstall any Microsoft Visual C++ installations currently available on your computer before proceeding with the installation.

Colif

Win 11 Master
This issue is typically caused by a conflict between the program and one or more of the files in the C++ runtime libraries. These libraries are part of the Windows operating system and are used, and potentially updated, by installing or updating several Microsoft or other third party products.

If you are experiencing this error when launching or installing the program, and if the program repair option does not resolve the issue, the most effective method to correct this error is to uninstall and reinstall any Microsoft Visual C++ installations currently available on your computer before proceeding with the installation.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01046/message-the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.html

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/56309-side-side-configuration-incorrect.html

Solution

TRENDING THREADS