Trying to get playstation2 to display on a monitor

pem_no1

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
I recently bought this;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ckeyin-Video-Converter-Scaler-Output/dp/B00J5BKWHG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1470488781&sr=8-2&keywords=ps2+av+cable+to+hdmi

I hoped it would let me use my monitor as a display and then the audio i put through the pc line in. I hooked it up and set my ps2 settings to display the other option (not rgb, i cant remember what its called) the audio works but theres no picture. i have the usb power cable into the ps2 itself. Im planning to play ffxii and ffx, they dont have any other resolution options.

Ive tried it on a samsung p2450 and a LG monitor, both say out of range and cant display. Ive read its because they won't display the 440i resolution.

Does anyone know of a solution? I have a pc next to it, i thought about inputting the HDMI into the pc but that looks expensive.

Solution
I found a sort of solution, i put the ps2 hdmi output through my xbox one input. then the xbox one output to my monitor. had to connect the xbox to the internet to update it but after that it works without needing to be.

pem_no1

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
I found a sort of solution, i put the ps2 hdmi output through my xbox one input. then the xbox one output to my monitor. had to connect the xbox to the internet to update it but after that it works without needing to be.

Solution