Recently upgraded to win10, computer keeps crashing with Memory Management error

chocobo321

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now my computer keeps crashing every 5 minutes with a Memory management error. I got BlueScreenView and have posted pics of my dump files to imgur. I would have uploaded the .dmp, I apologize but I don't know how to do that so I just screenshotted it. If someone has any advice please let me know.

http://imgur.com/a/GPL53

Thank you!!

in the photo, you can not quite see what the error code. the column is slightly too small for parameter 1.
it looks like it could be 0x61940 which indicates A PDE has been unexpectedly invalidated.
that is a page directory entry. I think this is part of the virtual memory (pagefile.sys)

I would update the BIOS, and any sata drivers for your motherboard. Get them from the motherboard vendors website.
you might also run crystaldiskinfo.exe to see if your drive is having errors.

you might turn off your virtual memory, delete your hidden c:\pagefile.sys reboot and turn your virtual memory back on.
set the page file to be 1.5 times the size of your physical ram and make sure your drive has free space on it.

chocobo321

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016

Hi, every time i try to turn off virtual memory, my computer instantly crashes. How can i do it so it doesnt crash? Also, how can i find this hidden pagefil.sys?

Thsnk you very much, posting from my phone now T.T

chocobo321

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
I tried to type in c:\pagefile.sys manually in my file explorer and it keeps telling me "look for an app to open this with" but i dont know what app can do this. Im just trying to find the folder to delete it.

Also ij my bluescreenview there is a red highlighted box that says like syskrnl.exe or something maybe thatd the problem?

There we go my comp just crashed for the tenth time in a row sigh.

TRENDING THREADS