My New Build, Is there room to improve?

bart2678

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
Hello guys! :)

Okay so i am building a new Gaming PC because my old one is super outdated.
I always wanted an Black and White build because those are gorgeous so here it is:

GPU: Intel Core i5-6600K Overclocked
GPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2
MOBO: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5"
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W

This pc fits perfect in my $1300 budget but i was wondering if there was room for an SSD or if some of the parts need to be replaced for an better build. :??:

Thanks for bothering my thread and have a nice day y'all!

Skip the NEX 650 and use a G2 550 (better quality). If you swapped the CPU cooler for a Cryorig H7 (has a white fan), you could probably swing an SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($238.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.99)
Motherboard: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($147.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($64.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card ($459.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1273.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-07 06:07 EDT-0400

I suggest a PSU from the EVGA SuperNova G2 line (maybe the 550W model BadActor mentioned). I have the 850w model myself in case I decide to crossfire or sli later (probably not). I suggest getting cheaper ram like the Kingston hyper X or Corsair Vengeance LPX or the G.skill Ripjaws V (a 2x8gb kit). In terms of ssd, I suggest you get one from the start. I have a Samsung 850 Evo 250gb (get one if you can afford it, but I guess a budget ssd also would work fine) and a WD10Ezex as hdd. I also suggest that you get a good air cooler instead of the H100i as closed loop water coolers have terrible performance-to-noise ratio. The Cryorig H7 is a good cooler for the price, but if you want something with more performance I suggest:
Noctua Nh-D14 (or Nh-D15) - maximum performance (but quite ugly)
be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 (I have this one)- very good performance but 1-3 degrees celsius behind the Noctua, but yoy get a much quieter operation and also nice aesthetics. P.S. This one can be quite a hassle to install (you need someone to help you) (I mounted the cooler on the motherboard, and then the motherboard into the case).

bart2678

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

Yo dude thanks for your awnser!
So I will defenitely change my PSU to the G2 series!
About the RAM, i really want the Corsair Dominator for some custom painting, because those fit perfect in my build. Also, I think those big ass blocks as coolers ruin the looks of the PC. (no offense bro) maybe if i get the H100i v2 and change the fans to silent white fans. Do you have other recommendations or is this PC fine like that? And BTW i think ill have this build finished in about 2 months, would you like some pictures when its finished?

Ok. Sticking to an AIO cooler is your choice (imo noise is matters than looks for a pc, and a nice looking tower cooler can look quite good). I don't suggest to change the fans of the H100i to silent ones as you need high static pressure for fans used on a radiator, and silent fans are not really that effective (I have a bequiet Silentbase 800 case with one extra fan on the top as exhaust and I know). If you want to change the fans on the rad I suggest some Noctua fans (altough they are quite ugly...). BTW, two months? (I guess you are looking for the best deal for your parts?) You can post pictures if you want.... I would buy the parts you need now except the gpu and wait a bit for a gpu price drop (it will still be over 400$ for a gtx 1070...).