Windows 10 will not boot until after removing old RAM

Johnson Deng

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
To start this off this was definitely the strangest problem I've ever run into using Windows so far and basically what happened was that a few hours ago my compute randomly shut down and restarted itself but it would not boot at all, it would go to the Windows logo and then automatically restart itself again.

I tried quite a few solutions but the only thing that worked was when I removed the old 8GB of RAM I had installed. I had a total of 24GB of RAM before removing this 8GB and my computer finally booted up when I only had the 16GB of RAM installed but after my computer started it gave me a blue screen of death telling me Inaccessible boot device. From there I ran my computer in safe mode and then restarted to run in normal mode, didn't get the error again.

I also saw that during the Windows Logo screen it said it was going to revert the last installed updates because they did not update successfully. From here I'm totally confused on what is the exact problem and if it is the 8GB of RAM or Windows update not installing successfully.

Johnson Deng

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

Hi, thanks for the reply. I installed windows 10 on the 28th of July and it has run with 24GB of RAM quite fine until today so I'm still confused to why all of this has happened.

Does this mean I can safely plug back in the 8GB of RAM I took out?