When should I file a claim with Amazon for item not recieved?

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Placed the order July 9 and haven't received it yet(expected delivery date is Aug 19). Can't even track the package as the tracking number they gave me doesn't work. I've contacted the seller about the tracking number not working and so far no reply back. What's getting me worried about not receiving my package is negative reviews of the seller that where posted after I placed my order.

Solution
Ive had some over seas stuff take close to 6 weeks to get here. good item, it's just i think they used sea tankers to get it here lol.

to be honest if it's not a lot i wouldn't burn bridges with amazon. really good site. another thing i learned from a bad exp from NE is tosplit a shipment up as much as possible in 50$ free shipping parts. something goes bad, you can just ship those few things back instead of everything.
I'd alert Amazon ASAP. Even if they come back to you and say you must wait until the 19th you have it in writing that you previously raised a concern which will go in your favour should the item not turn up.

Not much you can do until the delivery date. Is this being shipped from overseas? Seems like a long time to receive an order. Some merchants drop ship orders and will have long lead times so that they can get a large number of orders to meet a minimum lot size.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Just filed a claim with Amazon for item not received, got refunded for the purchase. After I submitted the claim I had the option to receive a gift card in the purchase amount.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Being shipped from China. Just filed a claim with amazon for item not received and was given the option to receive a gift card for the purchase ammount.

Kevfactor

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Ive had some over seas stuff take close to 6 weeks to get here. good item, it's just i think they used sea tankers to get it here lol.

to be honest if it's not a lot i wouldn't burn bridges with amazon. really good site. another thing i learned from a bad exp from NE is tosplit a shipment up as much as possible in 50$ free shipping parts. something goes bad, you can just ship those few things back instead of everything.

Solution

Latest posts