0xc0000221 0xc0000225 0xc0000098

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016
won't boot on clean install from DVD does this mean I have to upgrade the BIOS to run windows 10?
next question How do you upgrade the Bios without an OS on the machine?

remember I've had a stroke so simple step by step instructions are best for me.

Solution
I feel like I have solved this but won't know for a couple of weeks its been one of the hardest problems I have had to date but one thing is sure I have learn't alot about this MB I was going to set one part up wrong which would have really stuffed me over further down the track Do not select default settings if you only have sata drives use either the raid or ahci settings in the storage part of the bios and not the ide as the default settings would set. This is very important. Only use the ide settings if you use the ide port (cable and ide/pata HDD's). I hope I am right.

This is not the solution. But it is a helpful tip for others with a asrock980de3/u3s3 r2.0 motherboard.

Colif

Win 11 Master
0xc0000221 could mean the installer was corrupt, or the hdd: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2912076/windows-installation-error-0xc0000221.html

0xc0000225 = try this: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/the-drive-where-windows-is-installed-is-locked

0xc0000098 = try this: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/your-pc-needs-to-be-repaired-error-on-windows-10

Was this a new Hard drive or a previously used one? It seems odd it has this many boot related errors right away.

Its not the bios, its windows

BIOS doesn't need windows, most BIOS now are updated using a USB drive and a program built into the BIOS

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016
So your saying the new windows 10 pro 64bit is dodgy the HDD aren't new but happens with two different Drives as I've tried two I don't get recovery or the fixit options when I try to boot to the dvd which I think i should get more than a window on the screen for a minute or two. AHHH could it be an underpowered power supply its 500W brand new that should run windows. the graphics card is only 1 gigeverything is working in the bios maybe i should try the default settings in the bios and just give it another shot i turned the 32bit off in the bios and the ide section and thats about all i changed asside from the power settings,

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do all these errors happen on both drives or just one gets 2 and the other gets 1?

You should try a different DVD or use an 8gb USB to install Win 10, the first error can be caused by a faulty ISO which would explain why it happened with 2 different hdd.

All of the other errors relate to booting win 10. Something went wrong with the boot sector as last 2 errors are related in a way.

I would make a new installer and clean install win 10 following this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016
I'm booting to the dvd drive and its not partitioning, no tool to try and fix it nothing just the blue recovery screen suggesting I repair windows which can only mean the dvd as there is no windows on the HDD.

somthing about a mismatching checksum as well

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016

Purple screen doesnt load the f8 screen loaded once in hundreds of attempts

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016

Think I should have purchased a MB with a uefi rather than a bios.

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016

its a asrock 980de3/u3s3 r2/a/asrk crap, somthing is happening i think how long does the window display when first booted been a while then blue recovery screen then f8 key did somthing back to the windows 10 window and its just sitting there changing the drives so they had equal data transfer rate didn't help optimal defaults choice seems to work best but is still not doing much i think next I going to try installing a partition on the drive and formatting it or should I just put a partition on the drive what do you think mate.

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016

What a pickle even microsoft can't fix this problem. there is windows 10 64bit MB ram and HDD and video card and one is probably using a different protol /data transfer rate looks like the unfixable error. as this occurs before installing windows and not after. The DVD runs even tried installing from a flash drive same problem. have tried every combination of setup I could think of in thre bios and get this I tried flashing bios and I wasn't able to as it was my first ever try so how does one instant flash the bios on a asrock piece of shit 980DE3/U3S3 R2.0 MB I downloaded the latest bios to a flash drive and followered instructions only thing i didn't do was open the folder on the flash drive containing the bios I figured bios would find it? mystery problem.

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016

TCP is a internet protocol there are different protocols and the header check sum doesnt match the computed checksum this causes the system to discard miss matching files so somthing is just simply the wrong length in the data packaging lengths i guess as best as I can understand it or what ever checks the packet sizes could be in error or win 10 could be a different packet length to what the mb was builft for I just understand the basic principal and don't know what I can do about it install windows 7 is an option, buy new components untill i find the correct ones or the windows 10 is a new version so and older build of win 10 might work but I doubt that a bios upgrade might fix it don't know if the ram is an issue shouldn't be as ddr2 will run with win 10 this could be the reason gave away windows 10 to enable to piggy back on win7 or win8 for older computers and adopt their packet lengths as a standard I just don't get it this error. I have am3 ddr3 sata drives and win 10 what could possibly go wrong?

Yeah already been to that bios page.

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016

No TCP is a measurement of data size as I understand it, as an example.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Transmission Control Protocol is about only part of my IT course I remember (the meaning of the initials anyway). It does have something to do with packets but none of this is helping you or I :)

won't win 10 install on motherboard?

Seems you have one driver for win 10, its the sound.. yay. Most of drivers are win 8.1. Is this a new board? why did you buy it, if it is new to you?

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016

No it won't but I got a few other things to try first it could have somthing to do with me partitioning drives with xp so I gotta repartition them with win 7/ 10 then remove that partition and have another go then I gotta read up on the CPU and try to slow it down possibly then T gotta pull my hair out again for a few days before I give in and get either win 7 or a new MB I hate to say it but I like this board I could put the windows 10 on another computer if it will run on another machine I have plenty of options but I really want to beat this.
I purchased this board based purely on the number of sata connectors and the picture on the box, the picture on the box was the same as the mb's I purchased about 12 years back on my puters they recycled the picture for the box so I trusted it big mistake. Plus it would run the CPU I wanted, and harvey norman guy told me the specs of new computers I did some home work before I bought it I was also intending to put win7 on it until I decided in 5 more years I might not be up to doing this so I figured get used to win 10 now.

I just can't understand why microsoft would put out a product that wasn't compatable with current hardware microsoft just really sux forcing win 10 on us. couldn't seel it so he gave it a way and now everyone will have to buy new shit even though the old stuff is still good. Right now my xp is running better than my windows 10. its stupid I had win seven on my laptop now it has win 10 i don't use it instead I've gone back to xp works better even without microsoft support.
There are other places to get drivers.

kombivan

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016

HDMI_SPDIF Header; this is associated with the graphics card could this be telling me the graphics card is wrong as the faults suggested the header checksum didn't match the computed Checksum? PS. seems my board is windows 10 compatiable according to the asrock website.

It might be because I have a PCI express graphics card in a PCI express 2.0 MB. so looks like i gotta try a graphics card I think as the speed is double with the 2.0 and all the other spec's are different as well.

Colif

Win 11 Master
never heard of them before, consults the manual: Here

HDMI_SPDIF header, providing (2-pin HDMI_SPDIF1) SPDIF audio output to HDMI VGA card, allows the system to connect HDMI Digital TV/projector/LCD devices. Please connect the HDMI_SPDIF connector of HDMI VGA card to this header.

wonder if I have one of those...

I think i would ask Asrock about that, I am not sure