PC not working in new home.

Contagionix

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
I just moved into a new home and hooked up my computer, it turns on but the monitor says there is no signal. Simultaneously in another room someone complains of their cellphone charger not working in an outlet and my computer cycles power... not sure if related, I am checking the home for wiring issues now but am hoping it is just my PC.

So I go try the computer on another outlet, plugged into my tv instead of the monitor to rule it out, and it doea the same thing. So I shrug it off and put it back where it was until morning. I plug it back into my surge protector, which is a power powercenter MDP 800 and it won't power either my pc or my monitor. It will power my phone charger and a lamp though. I am at a loss. I checked all of my outlets with a multimeter to be safe before I continued plugging in my electronics, they read low at 115-118v and I used a GFCI Detector and got Open Neutral on a couple of outlets, but not the outlet I was using for the PC. Any help would be awesome!

Solution
Test your computer in another room, try it in another house if it does the same thing anywhere in the new house. Since you moved the system, open it and re-seat all power, motherboard, RAM connections.

TRENDING THREADS