1 stuck Red sub-pixel on new AOC monitor, am I able to exchange it within 30 days?

Timekeepsonslippin

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
I received an AOC G2260VWQ6 yesterday, and noticed 1 pixel near the middle (within an inch) was very noticeably red and brightly lit. I've run a number of programs to try to unstick it for fair lengths of time, I'm considering leaving it on overnight a few times to see if it can fix it completely.

Would using UndeadPixel 2.2 on its 3ms flash interval setting for days risk wearing out or damaging the pixels? I heard trying a few different flash interval settings might help.

At this point it's far less noticeable than it was straight out of the box, and I usually have to look for it, but it's sometimes noticeable within certain color ranges. I'm starting to think maybe it's better to just live with it since it's now fairly subtle.

I've seen some advice that it could fix itself over time, and that the programs I've tried running might speed that process along. I've tried using physical pressure on the screen itself a bit when it was at its worst, but it didn't seem to have any immediate effect that I noticed.

I bought it online at newegg.ca and don't have an alternate monitor to use if I send it back for a replacement.

AOC Warranty page: http://us.aoc.com/aoc-technical-support/?page=warranty

I selected: monitors > Canada > general

I think this part applies to me, '3 to 5 “stuck on” or “stuck off” sub-pixels (depending on the number of each)'.

I'm not sure if this part overrides it though, "Product free from manufacturing defect due to the form, fit, and/or functions being out of manufacture product specification."

I'm basically wondering what my options are, I could try phoning them to ask but thought I'd try here first. It could be they won't do anything since it's only 1 red sub-pixel, I think that's the term for it.

First pixel issue I've ever run into personally. Like I said it was pretty bad at first but has since become very dim, almost to the point of being hard to find if you wanted to. I'm not sure if the pixel basically burnt out, because it was very bright at first compared to other pixels, then seemed to calm down after I ran those flicker programs that attempt to fix the issue.

As far as I understand a dead pixel is black with no light emitting, but can a stuck pixel kind of lose their ability to be as bright as they should be, and get lit by surrounding pixels? Since the pixel has become less bright, I don't see the stuck pixel on a white background, with some difficulty on black I can see it, but much easier on dark grey.

You can try, if it is just a stuck pixel then it might clear it.
Another way is to apply a bit of pressure to the screen where the stuck pixel is Timekeepsonslippin using your finger, or a cloth with your finger pressing on it and the screen.

If it does not change in colour and stays a fixed colour.
Then it is a dead pixel.

Most company's that make monitors have a clause in the warranty of how many dead pixels are except able before they are valid for an RMA for another like for like replacement.

So check the warranty conditions that came with the monitor Timekeepsonslippin.

Hey,
If it specifies the number of dead pixels then that's what you go by.

The other part about manufacturing defects does not overwrite that. It would make NO SENSE to specify defects that are allowable but also say any defects at all and you can return it.

Basically the LCD panel itself is separate from the rest of the monitor.

That statement is really weird though... why does it not say "up to 5 pixels", why "3 to 5"? Weird.

Timekeepsonslippin

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Here's all of the actual important text from the page cropped, in case it helps:
2jd54z8.png

I assume this falls into the stuck on sub-pixels category.
I should probably assume that they won't help me with this, correct? Including exchanging for the same model monitor?