should i buy skylake or haswel ?

adeguntoro

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
reading few articel, they said the difference between intel cpu generation just 10% or maybe more, i know 10% is not small. i want to build pc with limit budget, just for simple gaming, programing, watch movie and not for oc. and now RX 460 was release, so should i buy 2nd i5 4440 or i3-6100 ?
i know maybe i should not compare this CPU, coz i saw in youtube the difference i5 4440 and i3-6100 just few fps..
sorry, R.I.P english

Use the latest generation. As you said, it does perform better and there is little difference in price. DDR3 is on the way out and DDR4 RAM will be around for awhile, a consideration for future upgrades.

adeguntoro

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

well, yeah DDR4, but it's hard to find 2nd CPU Skylake..

Decends

Respectable
Jul 3, 2016

I feel that DDR3 will never be completely replaced by DDR4. After all, there is so many computers in the world that still use DDR3, heck there is still even a decent amount of DDR2 that is still for sale in the world. DDR4 will simply do to DDR3 what DDR3 did to DDR2. Make it not as common seller, but still enough of it selling for manufacturers to continue making it

DDR2, DDR3 will be around for awhile and availability isn't the issue. The problem you run into is when you go to do an upgrade. No new CPU's/motherboards will be released using them, so you will be forced to buy the RAM again. If you buy DDR4, not only do you enjoy better performance now, you will be able to re-use it for at least a couple of upgrades. It's more cost effective.

adeguntoro

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

can i5 haswell with ddr3 handle game for the next 3 years from now ??

Decends

Respectable
Jul 3, 2016

No one can guarantee that. Heck, no one can necessarily guarantee skylake would be relevant 3 years from now. It all depends on the games that are made.

scuzzycard

Honorable
Since Skylake CPU's are the same retail price as their Haswell predecessors, they are the logical choice - even if the performance boost wasn't exactly earth-shattering. OTOH, if you're able to snag a much better deal on the Haswell, then you have to make the call - 10% slower at a given clock speed vs. the amount of money you'll save. The fringe benefits of tech like DDR4 and improved power management in Skylake are barely worth mentioning for your stated purpose for the machine.

adeguntoro

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

i just read from here..
the conclusion said that i3 6100 better than i5 6400 and i5 6500, both of this processor should be better than i3, but the difference just like 11-12..
what do you thing i about i3 ??i want cut price for this new build..

adeguntoro

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

how about for virtual machine ??will it give same result ??