Which one is better 4K TV or 4K Monitor ?

ROHAN-SNAKE

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016
I want to know which one is better a 4K UHD TV or a 4K Monitor.
For gaming, movies and editing pictures in photoshop......

Solution
response time doesnt equal input lag, which will affect gaming much more.
without game mode/turned off processing, tv's can have up to 500ms input lag, vs around 30-50 max for a moni.

some vizio/sony/samsung/lg will do sub 100ms, but even the 30ms on the 43in UHD vizio (i tested), felt horrible compared to any monitor i had in the past 15y.,
and im not a mlg player that plays for cash prizes...

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

Matthew Keeton

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
Alright its really general preference and options. With the TV you get more options apposed to the monitor like more hdmi ports or options for more speakers, but honestly TV for a large platform that everyone can see and monitor for smaller platform that only you will be using.

vahevahevahe

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
I'd say the only real difference is response time. But 4k tvs close to and over a thousand bucks have decent response time. A lot of TN panel monitors have 1ms response time while it's has 4ms or longer. But it's monitors would work best for photoshop. And if you're not playing online fps games where a fraction of a second would matter then you should care too much about response time.

And if you sit right in front of your monitor, don't get something to big or you'll be moving your head around every second

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
response time doesnt equal input lag, which will affect gaming much more.
without game mode/turned off processing, tv's can have up to 500ms input lag, vs around 30-50 max for a moni.

some vizio/sony/samsung/lg will do sub 100ms, but even the 30ms on the 43in UHD vizio (i tested), felt horrible compared to any monitor i had in the past 15y.,
and im not a mlg player that plays for cash prizes...

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

Solution