Windows 10 or GTX 970 does't detect 144hz Monitor HELP! (Also Display port issues..)

jamesanyoung

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
I recently upgraded to windows 10 and a Asus Stryx GTX 970 and I am having 2 issues.

1) DisplayPort is not working. No signal is detected from this input. HDMI works fine.
2) Windows 10 and the Nvidea softward does not detect that my monitor has a 144hz refresh rate, and only gives me options of 30fps and below (even if I go to projector settings and use the detect function, I just get a generic monitor with a max of 60 hz…)

Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
I ended up solving this last night if anyone is interested. AFter doing a fresh GeForce Windows 10 driver install, and downloading new drivers for my monitor, I did a system restart and tried again. Still no Luck.

So I powered off my system, unplugged the monitor power, turned off my psu, and unplugged my Display port cable from both GPU and Monitor and let everything sit for 15 mins to drain of power completely.

After that I plugged everything back in and turned it all back on, and problem solved. Monitor runs at 144hz again using my display port cable. A wierd fix, but it worked.

jamesanyoung

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
I ended up solving this last night if anyone is interested. AFter doing a fresh GeForce Windows 10 driver install, and downloading new drivers for my monitor, I did a system restart and tried again. Still no Luck.

So I powered off my system, unplugged the monitor power, turned off my psu, and unplugged my Display port cable from both GPU and Monitor and let everything sit for 15 mins to drain of power completely.

After that I plugged everything back in and turned it all back on, and problem solved. Monitor runs at 144hz again using my display port cable. A wierd fix, but it worked.

Solution