Windows 7 keep reinstalling Generic PnP Monitor while I want it to be uninstalled so I can adjust brightness

Judithtania94

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
Please help, I want to uninstall the Generic PnP Monitor in Device Manager (Monitor tab) in order to be able to control the brightness of my laptop screen, its really killing me. Everytime i uninstalled it, it keep reinstalling the driver. Its driving me crazy. Please help me what to do. Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

Solution
I have to admit I'm somewhat confused.

Why are you trying to remove the most basic graphics driver from your system?
It seems to me it keeps installing the generic driver because the specific driver isn't available. Likelihood is, it needs it in order to work at the most basic level. It might be worthwhile to install the latest drivers from your laptop manufacturer.

How are you trying to adjust the brightness levels of your laptop?
On laptops, typically there's a Fn key which is used in conjunction with the F keys to control certain things like screen brightness, display options like cloning and even basic media controls. (For screen brightness mine is F8 and F9.)
I have to admit I'm somewhat confused.

Why are you trying to remove the most basic graphics driver from your system?
It seems to me it keeps installing the generic driver because the specific driver isn't available. Likelihood is, it needs it in order to work at the most basic level. It might be worthwhile to install the latest drivers from your laptop manufacturer.

How are you trying to adjust the brightness levels of your laptop?
On laptops, typically there's a Fn key which is used in conjunction with the F keys to control certain things like screen brightness, display options like cloning and even basic media controls. (For screen brightness mine is F8 and F9.)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS