Dual monitors through GPU & Integrated graphics?

Dzenan Aljukic

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015
My graphics has 6 mini displayports, and i only got one mini displayport to dvi adapter, and they are pretty unavailable in my country so i insist to connect my other monitor to the integraded graphics card. I set up in bios that the IGFX is the primary and the buffer to 256mb. but when i turn on my computer nothing changes only my regular monitor is turning on. I have the ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 with the newest AMI bios (1602). I would appreciate any help afap.

ThomasLeong

Honorable
May 27, 2013
Checking the specs of your motherboard, nowhere does it state it supports multi-gpu. In fact there is only 1 PCIe 2.0x16 slot, the other being only x1 slots, so it does not support multi-gpu cards either.

Since there is only 1 output (vga) from the onboard, for more than 1 monitor, you have no choice but to use your external gpu. One alternative though is to use a monitor with display port in and out and get another monitor with display port in, and daisy chain from one monitor to another. Be aware that monitors with display port in/out are not in the budget range (usually a Dell).

Another alternative is to buy online from, say, gearbest -
http://www.gearbest.com/minidp-to-dvi-_gear/

Dzenan Aljukic

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015

so there is no way to make both integraded and external gpus to work ?

Dzenan Aljukic

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015

Untitled.png

Dzenan Aljukic

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015

Untitled.png

Dzenan Aljukic

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015

both monitors are connected, one to the integraded one to the external gpu. And I believe if i removed the graphics card only the internal would work, i havent tried that yet because its hard to come to the gpu from all this mess

Dzenan Aljukic

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015

i just removed the external card, and the other monitor was working, as soon i pluged it back in, only the external card monitor was working,and in the bios i put the "Surround view" option enabled,which says "If pciex is your primary graphics card, allow IGFX to be your secondary display". still not working