Black Bars on Windows 10

Valencce

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
When I change resolutions (a lower resolution from the screen size) I see black bars, and I don't want that is there a way to change that? (to remove black bars)

also, I'm using a laptop with windows 10

Solution
You're seeing black bars most likely because the resolution you've set is the wrong ratio (ie wrong screen format).

For example, if your monitor or lappy screen is widescreen format & you choose a non-widescreen display resolution such as 4:3, you will get a black bar on left and right of screen.

Strictly speaking, you should leave the display resolution set at the factory default on a laptop since this is the correct resolution which fills the screen and gives the sharpest image.

In a nutshell, only one display resolution setting is the correct one for a given size/aspect ratio of screen.
You're seeing black bars most likely because the resolution you've set is the wrong ratio (ie wrong screen format).

For example, if your monitor or lappy screen is widescreen format & you choose a non-widescreen display resolution such as 4:3, you will get a black bar on left and right of screen.

Strictly speaking, you should leave the display resolution set at the factory default on a laptop since this is the correct resolution which fills the screen and gives the sharpest image.

In a nutshell, only one display resolution setting is the correct one for a given size/aspect ratio of screen.

Solution