Help with Ultra Wide monitors.

Shouxx

Reputable
Jul 19, 2016
I am looking into an ultra wide monitor for gaming (yes I know, so taboo) I was looking at the curved ultra wides vs the non curved ultra wides, I am leaning towards the curved ultra wides, but my wallet is pulling me the other way, I am also looking for 4k in said monitor, and hopefully under 700 USD, I would purchase this in December or Q1/Q2 2017 in hope the prices will drop.

Side note - It is no problem for my eyeballs to look at 16:9 on a Ultra Wide, just a bit sad that the game didn't scale well.

Edit - Or should I just get a Vive, I mean my build is VR ready...

Solution
Honestly, it all comes down to personal preference and fund availability. As you know, a lot of games do not scale to ultra wide yet.

Curved vs non curved is also of preference. Curved can make you feel more "immersed" in your games since it wraps around your vision better, but if you're planning multiple monitors in the future it can be a hassle with two curved.

I personally prefer curved due to the extra immersion that I get out of it. Plus they're a lot more sleek looking anyway.

I'm holding out on VR until the next generation, there aren't a whole lot of games that appeal to me personally, but if it looks like something you're in to, go for it. This whole post really just comes down to preference.

Belphegore

Respectable
Mar 27, 2016
Honestly, it all comes down to personal preference and fund availability. As you know, a lot of games do not scale to ultra wide yet.

Curved vs non curved is also of preference. Curved can make you feel more "immersed" in your games since it wraps around your vision better, but if you're planning multiple monitors in the future it can be a hassle with two curved.

I personally prefer curved due to the extra immersion that I get out of it. Plus they're a lot more sleek looking anyway.

I'm holding out on VR until the next generation, there aren't a whole lot of games that appeal to me personally, but if it looks like something you're in to, go for it. This whole post really just comes down to preference.

Solution