Windows 10 computer infinite repair loop

Sordyxy

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
So my dads pc got stuck in a infinite repair boot it would start go to a hp screen then another screen would pop up say some of the computers specs and keyboard error then it would go to system repair and loops like that until it fails and goes to windows 10 troubleshoot once i was there i reverted windows back 2 days so it would work and it did for a while then it happaned again so i reverted it 1 week then it happaned again so it is not a hardwarwe problem it must be a software problem is there anyway to fix this i have tried all things i can do in the troubleshoot area i have just created a windows 10 usb so i can use that but will that remove the cd key of the
current windows?

The only error that pops up in the windows area is something called SrtTrail

Solution
What make PC is your dads PC?

I go figure out what driver you need as you probably need both, you might be installing the AMD one and not the Intel, and the Intel driver would be the one it needs to run.

see if this works (as half people I give this too recently come back and say there is no Startup settings menu option in Advanced)
change boot order in bios so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up Settings (it should be on the right hand side under UEFI Firmware settings
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which
PC will restart and load safe mode

right click start menu
choose device manager
remove the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
your key is recorded against your dads PC details on a Microsoft server, when you reinstall Win 10 and reach page asking for the key, click "Skip" and win 10 will fix itself up once installed

you can use this to save anything off dads PC you want to keep: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Once everything saved on hdd, change boot order in PC so USB is 1st, hdd second
boot installer and follow this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Sordyxy

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016

Will follow this and get back to you

Another thing i can boot it up in safe mode with no problems

Sordyxy

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016

Just used a usb to redownload windows on the pc it worked smoothly downloaded and it worked BUT like a 1 min later a black screen then restarted and got stuck in the loop again!

What i did was go to advanced settings use a usb from the windows troubleshooter to download windows so now im doing it from the bios

It asks if i want to keep windows old but i dont and there is no way refuse the only way to is to delete the partition but wont this delete the cd key? and the factory reset?

Another thing i noticed could this be the gpu acting up when i was on the pc for 1 min before its blackout i was updating the gpu then the second it finished the pc gave out

Colif

Win 11 Master

you shouldnt need it after a reinstall

It asks if i want to keep windows old but i dont and there is no way refuse the only way to is to delete the partition but wont this delete the cd key? and the factory reset?

You can delete window.old after the fact. Delete what partition? If you doing a fresh install, you delete them all.
Your key is saved on Microsoft servers so don't worry about it.

What graphics card does it have?

Sordyxy

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016

Yeah but the first reinstall failed so same might happen when i try it again

When installing windows a partition thing pops up saying if i delete it il loose stuff from the manufactorer or something along those lines you sure its ok to delete?

Not 100% sure but i think its HD8600+R7 240 Duel graphics
i dont remeber exactly il check when i can

Colif

Win 11 Master
I assumed when you said you tried everything in the troubleshoot menu you had done a reset. Fresh install will wipe factory reset partition but depending on age of PC, you may not want to roll back to original OS anyway. Did you follow the clean install tutorial link I had in original post?

is this a laptop as I haven't seen dual graphics in a desktop before. which card were you updating? the AMD or the Intel? You see, its an Intel HD8600+ Integrated graphics chip that runs desktop and the AMD R7 240 card only comes on when your play intense games.

Sordyxy

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Oh damn i did not delete the partition with windows on it i thought i had to keep that

its a desktop the driver said HD8600+R7 240 duel graphis but there was 2 of them that said that so i dont know wich one it was

Sordyxy

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016

ok so i deleted the partition and reinstalled windows same problem happaned after about 1 min screen started to flash black ( the pc was updating gpu ) after it did that a it went totatlly black then restarted to windows repai :( i am doing that thing with the command promt now

Colif

Win 11 Master
What make PC is your dads PC?

I go figure out what driver you need as you probably need both, you might be installing the AMD one and not the Intel, and the Intel driver would be the one it needs to run.

see if this works (as half people I give this too recently come back and say there is no Startup settings menu option in Advanced)
change boot order in bios so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up Settings (it should be on the right hand side under UEFI Firmware settings
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which
PC will restart and load safe mode

right click start menu
choose device manager
remove the driver you installed that made screen black

restart and see if it loads.will need to work out what is going on here.

Solution